Become a Member, Skip the Lines!
Become a member today to skip the lines and receive free admission and special exhibit tickets all year long!
Summer Day Camp 2014
Adventures in Nature offers children, kindergarten through grade 8, the opportunity to explore a wide variety of Museum topics. Register online starting March 3!
BUG FAIR: May 16 - 17, 2015
Saturday and Sunday, May 16 - 17, 9:30 am - 5 pm
The 29th annual Bug Fair is the "Year of the Butterfly." Flutter over to the Museum for a weekend full of exhibitors, vendors, bug chefs, and more.
More info here
COME BUG OUT WITH US
SATURDAY & SUNDAY, MAY 16 & 17, 2015:
Flutter over to the 29th annual Bug Fair and celebrate the year of the butterfly!
Did you know… butterflies taste with their feet? Did you know… butterflies can’t fly when they’re cold? Did you know… butterflies employ colors to keep them from being eaten? Did you know…NHM is celebrating butterflies at the 29th annual Bug Fair?
The 2015 Bug Fair is officially the year of the BUTTERFLY. It’s your chance to impress your friends with butterfly knowledge and get all your questions answered. Flutter and flap over to the Museum for a weekend full of exhibitors, vendors, bug chefs, and exciting programs in celebration of our winged friends. You will see everything from exotic insect collections to live pet tarantulas, millipedes, centipedes, scorpions, and other arthropods for sale to bug-related products, such as honey, silk, wax, and bug-inspired artwork.
Here's a glimpse of what the weekend will include:
- Critter Crafts: Hands on activities and face painting througout the Museum!
- Meet the Bugs of NHM: Get up close and personal with a cute and crawly critter!
- Buggin' Out Show: Join The Bug Chicks and learn about the body parts, biology, and behaviors that help bugs in their daily lives.
- Squirmy Snacks: Bug Chefs, David George Gordon, Zack Lemann, and David Gracer, will whip up some buggy treats for the adventurous snacker!
- Insect Character Meet & Greet: Butterfly stilt walkers, cockroaches, and bees will emerge throughout the day – come meet the characters.
- Citizen Science Caterpillar Hunt: Survey caterpillars that live in the gardens.
- Tours: Discover the bugs in the Museum's backyard.
2015 Bug Fair Exhibitor Registration - SOLD OUT.
Bug Fair and other programming (excluding the Butterfly Pavilion) are included with regular Museum admission. For additional information, call (213) 763-3499 or e-mail email@example.com.
Bug Fair is proudly sponsored by Western Exterminator.