Visit the Museum
School field trips are free, self-guided explorations of the NHM for you and your students. We also offer free add-on guided programming and self-guided exhibit reservations.
Click the link below to fill out an online request form. Please note that primary communication about a visit is through e-mail, so please use a valid, frequently checked e-mail address. Submit a separate request for each visit.
SCHOOL VISIT REQUEST
Feel free to contact our Call Center at (213) 763-3529 with any questions!
BEFORE YOU VISIT
- Print the confirmation e-mail you receive and look over your reservations to make sure they are correct.
- Adults beyond a 1:5 adult to student ratio will need to purchase a $10.00 chaperone ticket the day of the visit. Some exemptions apply; call our Call Center at (213) 763-3529 for details.
- Print an NHM School Visit Guide (guide also available in Spanish). Fill out reservation times and important information, and give a copy to every adult on your trip. Ask chaperones to look it over before entering the Museum so they know what to expect.
- Have your order number and the day-of count of students and adults ready for check-in.
- Leave lunches on the bus, in vehicles, or securely zipped in backpacks. We are unable to store lunches at the Museum.
- Busses drop off on N Coliseum Drive and park in Lot 2 on Bill Robertson Lane. Parking is $10, cash only; additional charges for charter busses apply.
- Optional: Pre-order souvenirs. Call the Museum store at (213) 763-3336 with questions.
- Optional: Arrange a class photo. Contact Magic Memories at (562) 546-3780 with questions.
Not sure what to see or how to engage your students in the exhibit halls? Check out our Lesson Plans and Activities page for lesson plans written by teachers for NHM!