Museum Scientists on Evolution
The Natural History Museum, with its mission to inspire wonder, discovery, and responsibility, recognizes that evolutionary biology is fundamental to understanding biological diversity and is critical for both scientific research and museums. The Museum welcomes people of all beliefs and backgrounds to join us as we explore, through science, the wonders of the natural world.
To see our Evolution Statement in full, click here
First Fridays 2014: LA Stories...Walk on the Wild Side
Our latest installment of what might be L.A.’s hottest, smartest nighttime event starts January 10, 2014. Come have a cocktail, explore the Museum after hours, and get enlightened.
Tickets are on sale now.
Purchase yours today!
Scanning Electron Microscopy Lab
- Hitachi S-3000N variable pressure scanning electron microscope
- Oxford INCA x-sight energy dispersive spectrometer
- Emitech K550x sputter coater
- Monday 7:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Tuesday 7:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Wednesday 7:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Free for museum staff and associates
- Staff members are encouraged to include SEM expenses in their grant proposals to help support the facility.
- $50/hour for users from academic institutions
- $100/hour for users from industry/corporations
- The hourly fee includes usage of all instruments but not supplies.
The SEM Lab is located on the ground floor of the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County.
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
900 Exposition Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90007
Phone: (213) 763-3583
Purchased with financial support from National Science Foundation (Grant DBI-0216506).